[FIXED] Rasterize bugs

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Dimitri

[FIXED] Rasterize bugs

Post by Dimitri »

Hi,

in the last release (and the beta one), the rasterize tool seems to generate strange scalars for the raster point cloud:
. the Height grid values appears uniform in 3D even though the range shown in the color scale seems OK
. the Per-cell population is completely off (also appears uniform in 3D) but the range shown in the color scale seems OK
. the coordZ seems OK (as is the actual calculation of the projected elevation).

Also from a user perspective, the option name "resample original cloud" is a bit counterintuitive: resampling could mean that you are changing the sampling interval, which in that case is the opposite. A name "no resampling of original cloud" seems more intuitive.

Thanks

Dimitri
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Rasterize bugs

Post by daniel »

Indeed their was a strange test that was preventing CC from doing anything if the 'resample original cloud' option was checked (and also in other cases but it was more random I think). I'll post the new 'beta' version this evening.

And for the name of this option, in fact as you keep only a subset of the original points it's a particular case of 'resampling' (so I can't say there's no resampling), but I agree it would be clearer to call it either 'sub-sample' or maybe even clearer to change it to 'use only original points'.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Sold on "use only original points" !
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

The latest beta release is online: http://www.cloudcompare.org/release
Daniel, CloudCompare admin