Another display problem

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
thales

Another display problem

Post by thales »

Hi All,

I am using Cloud Compare Version: 2.11 rc1 (Anoia) Stereo (Windows 64 bit) with 32GB RAM.

During editing, when the Segment Tool is selected, the majority of the points (which I need to "lasso" and delete) disappear, leaving only vague outlines of more solid features, such as walls.

This leads to guessing where the points for editing are - not very precise, so not very workable.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way around it, to continue with accurate editing?

Apologies if this has already been covered - if so please point me in the direction of the topic.

Efkaristo.
WargodHernandez

Re: Another display problem

Post by WargodHernandez »

Yes it's a known problem, fixed in the master branch. It only affects point clouds while displaying scalar fields during segmentation. If you change to display either color or nothing (this will turn all points white) then the segmentation will not have any impact on display.
thales

Post by thales »

Hi Wargod,

Many thanks for your rapid reply - will try it tomorrow, when back at the pc.

Efkaristo.
WargodHernandez

Post by WargodHernandez »

I have fixed this bug on the v2.11.x branch, so as soon as Daniel posts the next release you'll have access without having to compile.