CommandLine -AUTO_SAVE OFF -SAVE_CLOUDS ALL_AT_ONCE

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
evers

CommandLine -AUTO_SAVE OFF -SAVE_CLOUDS ALL_AT_ONCE

Post by evers »

Hi

I am building a batch processing through python utilizing your commandline. I would like to be able to save e.g. an e57 containing several scans into a new single e57 file. An example of a command with subsampling looks like this
'C:\\Program Files\\CloudCompare\\' + 'CloudCompare -SILENT -O ' + filepath + ' -NO_TIMESTAMP -C_EXPORT_FMT E57 -AUTO_SAVE OFF -SS RANDOM ' + str(amount) + ' -SAVE_CLOUDS ALL_AT_ONCE'

This works and it saves a single e57 file containing the several scans, but it also saves an e57 for each scan.
Can you help me with what I am doing wrong or if it is a bug? to be able to only save the single e57 containing all scans.

best
Evers
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CommandLine -AUTO_SAVE OFF -SAVE_CLOUDS ALL_AT_ONCE

Post by daniel »

Well, the subsampling method (in command line mode) generates subsampled clouds but they are not stored in memory (this is why they are automatically output as individual files).

I guess the clouds stored in the (unique) E57 file are not subsampled?

To match your requirements, we should add an option to store the clouds in memory (in place of the input clouds).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
evers

Post by evers »

True the unique E57 is actually not subsampled. I don't know if this is a functionality you could integrate?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yeah I'll add this to the TODO list. Not sure when it will be done however (hopefully before the end of the month?)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
evers

Post by evers »

Yes no worries. Thanks alot. ND by the way great work in general :)
evers

Post by evers »

and another functionality I just thought of which would be nice, is to be able to specify the name at which it is saved. Just a comment. :)
rthurau

Post by rthurau »

Evers,
Can you possibly take a look at my post and see if you can make some suggestions? I'd be very appreciative:
"Python Subprocess for Command line batch processing"

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Rich