Point picking problem

Feel free to ask any question here
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Point picking problem

Post by daniel »

What do you mean by 'point picking'? Are you referring to the point picking tool?

I've just tested with the latest version (2.6.1) and I couldn't see any problem (simple click, etc.).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
TUStef

Post by TUStef »

Hello Daniel,

I think I have the same problem. I think he means the "Pick rotation center" tool. But the point picking in general is affected too. And it isn't the problem with to many points at a space (zooming in doesn't solve the problem).

This is really weird because in my case different segmented clouds show a different behavior. Some are able to be picked others aren't. Those that can be picked have been saved at another PC. After working some time with still pickable clouds suddenly they can't be picked anymore. I think this occurs while segmenting and merging clouds. (Lately I've updated graphics drivers which could be the reason)

To kachilca: A temporary solution for this can be that you segment where you want to rotate around. While the segmented part is selected you can hit "z" on the keyboard in order to center the view on this part. The rotation center is now in the center of the segmented box.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Are you using the latest 2.6.1 version?

Because at some point there was a bug with the 2.6.1.beta regarding rotation center picking.

Otherwise you can also try to restore the former 'Open-GL based picking' in the 'Display settings'.
TUStef

Post by TUStef »

Hello Daniel,

no I'm using 2.6.0. Is the option availible in 2.6.0? Because I can't find it.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

No it has been inroduced in the 2.6.1.beta version. But for version 2.6.0 we were still using OpenGL so:
  • I'm a bit confused about this issue in this case ;)
  • the new 2.6.1 version has nothing in common with the 2.6.0 regarding point picking so it's worth giving it a try ;)
TUStef

Post by TUStef »

Hello Daniel,

lately I figured out that loading a point cloud as an ASCII txt-file solves the mentioned problem (not to be able to pick points).

I try to keep you up to date if I notice anything else.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Are you still using the 2.6.0 version?