Leap Motion for Ironman Like control

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
orinn

Leap Motion for Ironman Like control

Post by orinn »

So this is a request for a new input. I know you support the 3D mouse connexion. I was wondering if you would consider adding support for the leap motion
https://www.leapmotion.com/

This would be a purely wow effect, but I think it would be awesome if I could move around the cloud using just my hands.

Respectfully,
-Orinn
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Leap Motion for Ironman Like control

Post by daniel »

Yeah, purely for wow-effect indeed ;)

Personally, I don't have any Leap device so I won't be of any help (I had the hand on one once but I rapidly gave it back as I couldn't find anything interesting to do with it ;). I've added a reference to this post in the TODO list however.

P.S.: speaking of wow-effect, I'm currently working on a plugin for the Oculus Rift device.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
gabrielwalton

Post by gabrielwalton »

Daniel,

I know this is an old thread but was just wondering if you ever wrote a plugin for the Oculus Rift. That would really be a big Wow!

As always, big thanks for all your work.

Gabriel
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

In fact I started to work on this just before Christmas. I ran out of time but it's clearly in the pipe!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
gabrielwalton

Post by gabrielwalton »

Daniel,

Keep us posted on your progress if you find the time again. I think this would make an amazing add on for CloudCompare.

I am starting to look into this myself. I am watching a few Oculus Rifts on Ebay so may make a purchase soon for development.

All the best,

G