GDAL_DATA environment

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
JettMcLa

GDAL_DATA environment

Post by JettMcLa »

Hey all,

First time poster. Just having a go at Command Line and used this basic prompt: CloudCompare -O "FAKEPATH\W1_PC_2407.las" -SS SPATIAL 0.35 -SAVE_CLOUDS.

CMD resulted in the following error: C:\Program Files\CloudCompare>(readers.las Error) GDAL failure (4) Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.
(readers.las Error) GDAL failure (4) Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.
(readers.las Error) GDAL failure (4) Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.

Sorta confused as I have no idea what EPSG csv files are, and I only have a very rough of understanding on how GDAL environment works. If anyone has any insight into this issue, I'd love to hear it.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: GDAL_DATA environment

Post by daniel »

Looks like an old version of CloudCompare? We don't use GDAL anymore, can you retry with the latest 2.13.2 version maybe?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
DA523

Post by DA523 »

What is about gdal202.dll at cc folder?
JettMcLa

Post by JettMcLa »

daniel wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:04 am Looks like an old version of CloudCompare? We don't use GDAL anymore, can you retry with the latest 2.13.2 version maybe?
Looks like that did the trick. Should be updating regularly. Thanks for the input :)