Interpolation and breaklines

Feel free to ask any question here
mbmiller34

Interpolation and breaklines

Post by mbmiller34 »

Is it possible to utilize breaklines when rasterizing with interpolation? I have my drone data and then I have my GPS data that was collected in a 10x10 grid with break lines. In particular, on this site, I have a ditch on the south side that when I interpolate, connects across the ditch as well as down to the toe.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Interpolation and breaklines

Post by daniel »

Nope, that's not possible.

You can sample points on the polylines and then use these points in the Rasterize tool.

You can also create a mesh between 2 polylines (and then sample points on it but that's probably not super applicable to the generic case).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
mbmiller34

Post by mbmiller34 »

Is there any way to prevent my points from connecting across the top of the ditch
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Which points in this case? Which path did you choose? (maybe a small snapshot would help).
mbmiller34

Post by mbmiller34 »

Hopefully, these images make sense. What happens is CC connects across the top of the ditch due to a lack of points. Manual GPS 10x10m grid to pick up low areas drone was unable to measure. So rather than having a true typical ditch profile I have weirdness. I can create it inside GM using manually defined break lines. Drew a polyline down the crest and toes but there should be a way to create the same inside CC. The blue low area should be running the entire length.
Attachments
ditch.jpg
ditch.jpg (16.12 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
connect ditch.jpg
connect ditch.jpg (111.13 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah I see. Sadly CC doesn't include the option to use polylines as constraints in the mesh.
mbmiller34

Post by mbmiller34 »

Are there any methods to prevent the 'across the top of ditch' stitching from happening?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

In CC? I guess you have to manually add points at the bottom of the ditch ... Maybe create a mesh between the two toe polylines, ans sample points on the resulting mesh? It will be very manual though.